- May 01, 2013 Air Superiority Seminar
Sometimes it's good to be dense! Gale explains why in the second Twilight Tech Talk seminar.
- April 01, 2013 Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Seminar
How does an engine really work? Come learn the basics of four-cycle engine operation from Gale Banks in a free seminar.
- March 22, 2013 Meet Your Heroes at HOT ROD Homecoming
HOT ROD magazine is 65 years old in 2013, and to celebrate, they are hosting a car show like none other.
- March 19, 2013 Banks Power and Mike Ryan Motorsports take on Pikes Peak
Freightliner Cascadia Race Truck to Debut at Mid-America Trucking Show
- September 21, 2012 Gale's on-board at the NHRA Motorsports Museum
Gale Banks has been elected to the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum Board.
- September 14, 2012 The Three Latest Diesel Engine Projects
Get all the info on the Gale Banks 630T, the Gale Banks 866T, and the Banks 6.5L Special Ops package engines.
- April 18, 2012 Going Green with Banks Power
Gale Banks will be speaking at the Monrovia Library on the topics of fuel economy, hybrids, future fuels, and more.
- February 20, 2012 A Gathering of Land-Speed Luminaries
Record holders and car builders convened recently in Pomona, Calif., to discuss the preparation, promotion and psychology of chasing a land-speed record.
- January 16, 2012 Banks Brake named a top product at SEMA
MotorTrend's Truck Trend magazine came out with its list of the Top 25 Best New Products for 2011, and the Banks Brake made the list.
- December 13, 2011 2012 Jeeps can now breathe easier
Banks Power has released the Monster exhaust system for the 2012 Jeep Wrangler
- June 22, 2011 Arm Your Jeep with a Revolver
Banks new design for the Jeep 4.0L exhaust manifold makes a great product even better.
- April 06, 2011 New Product: Cold Air Intake for 2011 Duramax LML
Do you own a 2011 Duramax truck? Lucky dog. That's a nice truck. Now why don't you make it even nicer with a cold air intake from Banks?!
- April 04, 2011 Featured Dealer Randy Cole
Did you know that Randy Cole, of the NHRDA fame, was also a Banks dealer? Read what makes Randy—and his shop—so special.
- April 04, 2011 Two new videos showcase latest technology
Gale shows the guys at Motorhead Garage some new abilities and options for the Banks iQ, then he demonstrates how the Banks SpeedBrake drastically improves braking performance.
- December 03, 2010 New Product: Monster Exhaust for Ford F-150 Raptor
How do you make an awesome truck even awesomer? Sure, that's a made-up word, but the cool look and sweet performance of this aftermarket exhaust system is definitely real!
- October 01, 2010 2010 NHRDA World Finals WIN
Banks Sidewinder S-10 Wins Top Diesel at Topeka
- September 22, 2010 Banks iQ Travel Case Speaker System
Add a whole new dimension of enjoyment to your Banks iQ with a protective case that has built-in speakers!
- August 25, 2010 JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Keep up with what's going on at Banks Power on Facebook!
- August 10, 2010 Banks Dodge Monster-Ram intake
New Banks CNC Ported 3" & 3½" Monster-Rams include multiple auxiliary ports!
- May 07, 2010 California Senator Bob Huff to visit Banks
On Thursday May 13, California Senator Bob Huff and his staff will be touring the Gale Banks Engineering campus and meeting with Gale Banks to discuss a variety of topics.
- May 07, 2010 Banks Sidewinder Top Diesel Dragster to test and compete in NHRDA event
Here's your chance to see the rail in action!
- May 07, 2010 Mickey Thompson Panel Celebrates Record
Mickey Thompson Panel Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Historic Bonneville Record
- March 19, 2010 Banks Dragster Development Continues
All the latest news on the "rail."
- February 03, 2010 Mickey Thompson exhibit at NHRA Museum
On Friday, February 12, 2010 the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum will open a new exhibit honoring the late Mickey Thompson and celebrating the 50th anniversary of his incredible motorsports milestone.
- November 20, 2009 New Banks iQ Device Wins Three 2009 SEMA Global Media Awards
The new Banks iQ wins three SEMA Global Media Awards.
- October 19, 2009 Banks iQ is a Breakthrough
The Banks iQ is here and you've never seen anything like it. Click to discover more about the product that will forever change the way you look at vehicle user interfaces and tuner controllers.
- October 05, 2009 Ford 6.4L Techni-Cooler
Banks Techni-Cooler is the best aftermarket improvement you can make, especially if you climb steep hills or do heavy-duty towing.
- September 17, 2009 Adam Carolla Podcast with Gale Banks
Gale Banks Hangs With Funnyman Adam Carolla on his "Carcast" Show and talks about the Banks Sidewinder S-10 drag truck and the Banks-powered VW Jetta TDI and more!
- August 25, 2009 Banks Dodge High-Ram
New Banks CNC Ported 3" & 3½" High-Rams Kick Major Ass!
- June 01, 2009 Gale Banks Helps Open Pep Boys' First "Speed Shop" – New Division To Feature Full Line Of Banks Power Products
Gale Banks was on hand on Saturday May 30 and Sunday May 31 to help celebrate the grand opening of Pep Boy's first-ever dedicated Speed Shop in downtown Los Angeles.
- April 20, 2009 2,500 Horsepower Unleashed:
Banks' New Top Diesel Dragster AND Record-Shattering S-10 Pickup ... Both To Compete!
Saturday, May 9 - "TS Performance Outlaw Drags" - Bowling Green, KY
- March 30, 2009 Gale Banks To Moderate Clean Diesel Automaker Roundtable
Gale Banks has been chosen to moderate the Clean Diesel Automaker Roundtable at the upcoming California Diesel Days conference.
- March 21, 2009 This Just In From Jay Leno's Garage
Gale takes the Sidewinder S-10 drag truck over to Jay Leno's for some fun and burnouts.
- March 09, 2009 Banks Sidewinder S-10 Breaks Its Own Record
BANKS SIDEWINDER S-10 BREAKS ITS OWN RECORD(S)
STUNNING 7.770-SECOND RUN AT 180 MILES-PER-HOUR!
- February 26, 2009 World's Fastest Diesel-Powered Drag Truck will "Ride Again" at NHRDA Nationals
March 7th Event To Feature Famous Record-Setting Banks S-10 Sidewinder
- February 16, 2009 "MARINE” MEDIA ADVISORY
Banks Power exhibited a very cool new "Banks Marine" power unit at the just-concluded Miami International Boat Show.
- February 05, 2009 BANKS NEW GM-DURAMAX MARINE V-8 ENGINE ON EXHIBIT AT 2009 MIAMI INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW
Banks Power will take part in the Miami International Boat Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center February 12 -16.
- January 25, 2009 Automotive Hall of Fame Announces 2009 Distinguished Service Citation Recipients and 2008 Industry Leader of the Year
The Automotive Hall of Fame will award its 2009 Distinguished Service Citation Recipients and recognize its 2008 Industry Leader of the Year at its Annual Awards Luncheon on January 25 in New Orleans.
- January 25, 2009 BANKS RECEIVES 2009 DISTINGUISHED SERVICE CITATION FROM AUTOMOTIVE HALL OF FAME
Gale Banks today received a 2009 Distinguished Service Citation from The Automotive Hall of Fame at their annual luncheon held in conjunction with the National Auto Dealers Association Convention in New Orleans.
- December 30, 2008 Ward's Automotive "10 Best Engines" awards luncheon
Gale Banks delivers keynote speech at Ward's Automotive "10 Best Engines" awards luncheon.
- December 12, 2008 "BANKS POWER – THE FIRST 50 YEARS" OPENS AT WALLY PARKS NHRA MUSEUM - POMONA, CA
Pomona, California - - On Wednesday, December 3, 2008, fifty years of automotive and marine engineering innovation was put on display at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, in Pomona, California.
- November 21, 2008 Banks Power: The First 50 Years Exhibit to Debut at Wally Parks NHRA Museum
Join us at the museum!
- November 13, 2008 Thinking about a Big Hoss Bundle?
Don’t miss “Two Guys Garage”
On Saturday, Nov 22nd, Speed Channel's "Two Guys Garage" will air an episode on Banks Power's Big Hoss Bundle.
- November 05, 2008 SEMA 2008: Banks New Dragster Revealed
Banks Top Diesel Dragster Wows SEMA Show Crowds!
- October 31, 2008 Banks SpeedBrake™
Introducing SpeedBrake, a revolutionary all-electronic plug-and-play braking system.
- October 08, 2008 BANKS SIDEWINDER S-10 SETS OFFICIAL NHRDA RECORD
7.87 seconds at 175.45 miles per hour on the Speedworld ¼-mile Drag Strip earns the Banks Sidewinder S-10 diesel drag truck a new official NHRDA record.
- October 08, 2008 Watch "TruckU" to get more power and less smoke
On Friday October 10th, Speed Channel's "TruckU" aired an episode on Banks Power.
- October 02, 2008 Sidewinder S-10 looking to set
new NHRDA record
Fans invited to see Sidewinder S-10 in action this Saturday at Speedworld!
- October 01, 2008 Monster Sport Exhaust
Monster Performance & Modest Price
- September 22, 2008 Banks EconoMind
Don't let fuel prices keep you home.
- August 07, 2008 High Performance Diesel Builder’s Guide
“High Performance Diesel Builder’s Guide” Now Available!
Each Book Personally Signed by Author Joe Pettit!
- July 28, 2008 Gas & Cash Giveaway
Congratulations to the winners, who will receive a $500 Fuel Card and a $500 Gift Card for Banks merchandise!
- May 01, 2008 Gale Banks Given Keys To BMW's Hydrogen 7
BMW has asked Gale Banks to road test its new advanced-technology showcase vehicle, the Hydrogen 7 sedan, and Gale's going to blog about it!
- March 13, 2008 Banks Sidewinder S-10 Sets NADM Record
Banks Sidewinder S-10 Sets NADM Record at Saturday's Crude Drags 2 event
- February 16, 2008 Banks Cleans Up!
Banks Power is once again sponsoring the hugely successful Calico Clean-Up in California's High Desert, this year set for Feb. 16. Join with hundreds of other off-road enthusiasts for a day of good, clean fun!
- February 14, 2008 Banks Sidewinder to Compete at Diesel World Crude Drags 2 Event
The record-making Banks Power Sidewinder S-10 drag truck will be competing at the Diesel World Crude Drags event at Bakersfield's Auto Club Famoso Raceway on Saturday, February 23rd, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- February 11, 2008 What's coming down the Banks pipeline
From selling his first engine at 16 to revolutionizing the performance aftermarket, see what Gale Banks now has in store for 2008.
- January 23, 2008 Bob Robe Celebrates 30-year Milestone
Bob Robe was just 26 when he joined Gale Banks Engineer-ing.“Thirty years later, he’s still the go-to guy out in the shop, a leader by example,” says Gale of his longtime friend.
- January 15, 2008 Banks Building Diesel Digger
Team Banks will be on the strip this year with its world's fastest drag truck, and in the works is a Mike Spitzer-built rail.
- December 18, 2007 Banks: First Into the Sevens!
Turning an astonishing 7.96 seconds at 167.34 miles an hour, the Duramax-powered Banks Sidewinder S-10 became the first diesel truck into the sevens on only its fifteenth and fastest-ever pass down a quarter mile drag strip.
- November 30, 2007 Gale Banks joins the Automotive X Prize team
The X PRIZE Foundation looked to Gale for advice on laying down the rules and guidelines for the Automotive X PRIZE. Gale is playing a part in determining the goals of the competition as well as establishing the prize structure.
- October 29, 2007 50th Anniversary Congrats!
Both the White House and the Governor of California sent letters of congratulations to Gale Banks for his 50 years in business. The letter from President Bush was similar to this letter from Gov. Schwarzenegger.
- October 25, 2007 World's Quickest & Fastest Diesel Pickup Truck!
Banks’ Sidewinder® pickup truck blasted down the “Strip at Las Vegas” bettering ALL existing records for diesel-powered pickups.
- August 02, 2007 Gale Banks Elected to the 2007 SEMA Board of Directors!
“What I hope to bring SEMA is a clear view into the future, its challenges and its opportunities.” — Gale Banks
- July 13, 2007 Banks Acquires Automotive Balancing Service
Check out Banks’ new partner and see why the world’s fastest rely on the world’s first engine balancing shop—ABS!
- March 01, 2007 Six-Gun Shootout
Banks Test Group compares the Six-Gun Diesel Tuner to other company’s tuners on the drag strip. Same truck. Same track. Same day. Same driver. Only the electronics were changed.
- August 03, 2005 Banks Sidewinder All-Terrain trucks
The World's First Diesel Tuner Trucks
- July 27, 2005 Project Sidewinder's First Drag Race
The Banks Sidewinder made its first drag racing appearance at Bandimere Raceway in Denver, Colorado.
- May 04, 2005 Project Sidewinder Gets 21.2 MPG
Fuel economy tests show the Sidewinder Dakota achieving 21.24 MPG. And it drove the full length of the Hot Rod Power Tour!
- August 02, 2003 Project Sidewinder Beats Corvette
Project Sidewinder Smokes 'em In Las Vegas
- December 30, 2002 Diesel Performance article from SEMA
Diesel: the performance option embraced by enthusiasts
- December 13, 2002 Project Sidewinder's vs. Ferrari Enzo
How does the Sidewinder Dakota stack up against one of the "Greatest Ferraris of all time"?
- November 01, 2002 Project Sidewinder Goes to the Salt
Try getting a pickup truck, with the aerodynamics of a brick, to go 222 MPH with a diesel engine. Banks did, and kept it street drivable too.
- October 30, 2002 Project Sidewinder Objectives
Here's what Banks Power set out to do with this racing venture.